Welcome to the web site of the Math Institute of the University of Granada (IEMath-GR). This center was originally one of the four venues of the former Spanish Institute of Mathematics (IEMath), a project today discontinued. Since 2015, IEMath-GR is a Research Institute of the University of Granada (UGR), and since 2017 it is one of the two venues of the Institute of Mathematics of Andalusia (IAMAT). IEMath-GR is an instrument for the society, devoted to enhance and spread the knowledge in Mathematics with special emphasis on research, training, outreach and technology transer. This main goal is carried out through various actions:
- Hosting postdocs and visitor researchers collaborating with local or national researchers.
- Training young mathematicians through the UGR Master in Mathematics (joint with the Universities of Almería, Cádiz, Jaén and Málaga).
- Hosting different kinds of events as Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Colloquia, Advanced Courses, Thematic Periods, etc. These events are open to the mathematical world community and affine areas.
- Fostering activities targeted to the society in general: Visits of high school students, Math outreach in our environment, etc.
- Offering mathematical technology transfer to explore effective collaboration with external companies.
Courses and Seminars
- Programa de Postgrado en Matemáticas Curso: Máster y Doctorado
- Programa de Postgrado en Física y Matemáticas (FisyMat): Máster y Doctorado
- Programa de Postgrado en Estadística e Investigación Operativa: Máster y Doctorado
- Geometry Seminar
- Seminario de Ortogonalidad y Aplicaciones
- Differential Equations Seminar
- Young Researchers Math Seminar
To organize a seminar in IEMath-GR, please fill and send the electronic form appearing under the Applying for an activity